Therapy for Menin New Haven, CT
With 15+ years of experience and extensive training, we can help you to quickly uncover the real issues and provide solutions that are tough to discover on your own.
We Get It
Men report feeling judged, ganged-up on, or forced to try to become someone they’re not when they go to counseling.
We Get It – We’ve Had The Same Experiences Ourselves
With 15+ years of experience and extensive training, we can help you to quickly uncover the real issues and provide solutions that are tough to discover on your own. Through our own experiences in counseling, and our training, we’ve seen firsthand what does and doesn’t work for men in counseling and therapy.
Our approach is direct, effective, and focused on getting results. We know how men like to work, so we approach men’s counseling from a problem/solution standpoint. We will work with you to solve problems as quickly as possible. We’re not just going to sit there nodding, tossing out the occasional, “So how does that feel?”
How Can We Help?
The list of concerns why men seek counseling seems endless, but the most common types of men’s problems see include:
- Marital Problems
- Help Managing Stress & Anxiety
- Communication Skills
- Affairs (both men and women)
- Divorce Advice
- Alcohol Abuse
- Porn Addiction
- Help With Depression
Most men feel like they’re supposed to be strong and fearless, but that doesn’t mean they don’t face challenges in their life. Recognizing the problems in your own life and reaching out for help is not a sign of weakness. Don’t let yourself stay stuck. If you are struggling with any of the problems on the list above, or if you just feel stuck in general, we’d love to help.
What to Expect
- Solutions to your problem (like how to stop the fights with your wife or losing your cool with your kids)
- Answers to questions men frequently wrestle with (from someone who has had men’s problems too)
- Tools that actually work
- A good coach with a direct, active, collaborative approach (not a bobble-head who makes you do all the talking)
- A partner in your struggle and a trusted confidant to use as a resource (because we know there are just some things you do not want to share with your family or friends)
- Results in as little time as possible (because we know that you want to move on with your life)
There are a lot of misconceptions about therapy for men such as:
- It’s too touchy-feely
- It involves talking things to death
- It takes forever
- It doesn’t work if you don’t cry
The reality is, none of these are true. In fact, working with us is similar to chatting with a friend over a beer by the fire – except there is no beer (sorry) and we’re not just going to tell you what you want to hear and co-sign your bullshit (again, sorry).
Therapy for Men at Arcadian Counseling is ‘guy-friendly’ and focused on problem-solving, not touchy-feely or focused on analyzing your relationship with your mother or your childhood. Wouldn’t you rather focus on what you can control rather than the past?
Our approach is always solution-focused, goal-oriented, and includes a plan of action and no bullshit.
Depending on what you need, our time together may require only a few meetings, or it may take a couple of months to get the changes you need. Either way, together we will create a concrete plan with measurable goals and actionable steps right from the get-go.