So How Does It Work? What Happens In Sessions?
Do You Only Help Clients Who Have Anxiety?
Aren’t People Who Go To Therapy Weak?
How Long Will It Take?
I’m Not Sure I’m Ready To Start. How Can Therapy In New Haven Help Me?
The reality is, many who first go to a therapist, counselor or coach don’t “feel ready” or “aren’t sure.” Counseling and therapy offers support, problem-solving skills, and enhanced coping strategies which are more effective than simply talking to a friend or family member. Think of it like an advisor or consultant who provides a non-biased and educated perspective on specific problems or long-standing patterns getting in the way of achieving your full potential. We’ll guide you in the direction of a solution, while teaching how to act as your own guide. The benefits from counseling and therapy depend mostly on how much you put into the process and practice what you learn. Some of the benefits of therapy include:
- Achieve a better understanding of yourself, your goals, and values.
- Acquire skills for improving your relationships.
- Learning new, better, and healthier ways to cope with stress and anxiety.
- Manage anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures more effectively.
- Improve communication and listening skills.
- Change unhelpful behavior patterns and develop new more effective patterns.
- Learn new problem-solving techniques with your family, partner, or work.
- Improve your self-esteem and boost your self-confidence.
How Often Do We Meet?
What Are The Benefits Of Out-Of-Network/Private Pay?
Why Shouldn’t I Just Take Medication?
How Can I Get The Most Out Of Therapy?
It is important to understand that you will get quicker and more significant results from therapy if you actively participate in and commit to the process. This includes taking chances, being open, showing up on time and attending sessions regularly, doing the work and being patient as you allow the process to work. You’ve likely spent years developing some of the relationship dynamics, insecurities, or negative self-talk that may be keeping you from reaching your goals – it can take a while to unlearn these bad habits and patterns.
The purpose of therapy is to educate and help you to bring what you learn back into your life so you don’t need to come anymore. Beyond the work we do in your therapy sessions, we are big advocates for implementation of techniques and work outside of our sessions together. Since our session is only 50 minutes long, the fastest way to see a positive change is to start implementing these skills into your daily life.
Our ideal clients are those who:
- Desire change but might not know what to do or where to start.
- Are taking steps to improve their world and those around them.
- See inward reflection as beneficial.
- Are reliable, motivated and committed to meeting together.